University of Michigan Survey of Consumer Confidence Sentiment

Go down

University of Michigan Survey of Consumer Confidence Sentiment Empty University of Michigan Survey of Consumer Confidence Sentiment

Post  Admin on Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am

This is a monthly survey of consumer confidence conducted by the University of Michigan to detect consumers’ sentiment. In fact, consumers’ willingness to spend money is measured.
It is a leading indicator of the consumer climate. It consists of two components: sentiment (about 40% of the total index) and expectations (the other 60%). About 500 consumers answer five questions about current and future economic situation (two and three questions correspondingly).
Answers to the first two questions form Current Conditions survey, whereas the last three questions form the Expectations index. The increase in the index signals positive perspectives of the economic growth, whereas decrease signals possible deceleration in growth.
The index increase triggers USD rise.


University of Michigan Survey of Consumer Confidence Sentiment Open_a10    University of Michigan Survey of Consumer Confidence Sentiment Demo_a11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2014-08-19

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TradingInvestmentForum https://www.facebook.com/tradingforexforum https://twitter.com/fxtradingforum

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum